Josh Parker started as a substitute teacher — and nearly quit. Now, a Maryland State Teacher of the Year, Josh talks with Sarah Brown Wessling about his first year of teaching, part of the launch of our Tch Talks podcast.
Sarah Brown Wessling
Sarah Brown Wessling is a high school English teacher in Johnston, Iowa. She is the 2010 National Teacher of the Year and Laureate Emeritus for Teaching Channel. You can follow her work at sarahbrownwessling.com or connect with Sarah on Twitter: @SarahWessling.
Josh Parker is a 2013 NEA Global Fellow and the 2012 Maryland Teacher of the Year. He serves the students and staff of Paul Laurence Dunbar Senior High School in Washington, D.C. as an instructional coach. He is a proud board member of the National Network of State Teachers of the Year. Connect with Josh on Twitter: @MDTOY2012.
- Harlem by Langston Hughes
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to Be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown
- Rising Strong: The Reckoning. The Rumble. The Revolution. by Brené Brown
- The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You’re Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are by Brené Brown
- Ted Talks with Brené Brown: The Power of Vulnerability
- Ted Talks with Brené Brown: Listening to Shame
- Switch: How to Change Things When Change Is Hard by Chip Heath and Dan Heath
- The End of Average: How We Succeed in a World That Values Sameness by Todd Rose