Educators are lifelong learners. We’re constantly learning about our students, reading about tips and strategies, gathering teaching resources, and maybe even watching a video to pick up new lesson ideas. Here at Teaching Channel, we aim to make educators’ lives a little easier by providing a place to learn and get better together, anytime, anywhere.
Wouldn’t it be great if all of this learning and improving your practice with Tch could also earn you professional learning credits?
Well, now it can!
We’re happy to announce that we’ll soon be offering online, for-credit courses, just in time for your spring and summer professional learning.
Teaching Channel Courses are designed with busy educators in mind. Taking advantage of the Tch videos you already love to watch, the courses enable you to:
- Learn at your own pace
- Apply your learning immediately to your own classroom
- Get feedback along the way from expert facilitators.
We’ve partnered with Ashford University to develop our first set of courses. This partnership brings together Ashford’s expertise in accredited online education with Teaching Channel’s experience providing valuable resources to design courses for teachers like you.
These courses cover key subjects important to today’s classrooms, whether you’re a brand new teacher or an experienced educator looking to pick up some new strategies.
Here’s a sneak peek of our first four courses:
- EDU 500: Differentiation: Designing for Student Differences — Explore a variety of evidence-based strategies and tools to help you meet the individual needs of your students.
- EDU 501: Social and Emotional Learning: Integrating its Elements with Ease — Analyze how strategies related to social and emotional learning and growth mindset enhance engagement and motivation in the classroom and improve student learning.
- EDU 502: Standards and Assessment: Gauging Student Growth — Evaluate a range of formal and informal formative and summative assessments and how they’re linked to key objectives based on standards for learning.
- EDU 503: Classroom Culture: Managing the Classroom Environment — Explore evidence-based practices and apply methods for creating a positive classroom culture and an engaging learning environment.
Teaching Channel Courses will open its virtual doors on March 27. We’re so excited to start learning with you and helping you earn the credits you need for potential licensing, salary advancement, and professional development. Please note that courses may not be available in all states.
Want the inside scoop on course enrollment and discounts? Be sure to sign up for more information here.