What's New on the NGSS?
See what teaching and learning ideas the Tch Next Gen Science Squad (the Squadsters) have posted in their recent blogs. Check out these new videos on using the KLEWS technique and another video playlist, NGSS: From Theory to Practice.
Need a primer on the Next Generation Science Standards? Start here.
No matter how familiar you are (or aren’t!) with the NGSS, we’ve got resources for you. Click on the essential questions below to learn about specific areas of the NGSS or check out the resource libraries further down. Let’s dive in and start learning!
- Where do I begin learning about the NGSS?
- What do NGSS classrooms look like?
- How do I support kids in engaging with science and engineering practices?
- What exactly IS three-dimensional learning?
- How do I unpack the NGSS?
- How can I use the Achieve EQuIP rubric in my planning?
- How do I integrate Common Core literacy into an NGSS classroom?
- What types of professional learning opportunities are out there?
- NGSS: A Vision for Science Education
- NGSS: Crosscutting Concepts
- NGSS: Disciplinary Core Ideas
- NGSS: Science & Engineering Practices
Video Lounge: Scientific Modeling With Young Students
Enter Kaia Tomokiyo’s Kindergarten class to see scientific modeling in action as part of this interactive video experience.
Our NGSS Tcher Leaders
Here are some of the educators who are helping to lead and shape our vision for this NGSS Deep Dive:
Step inside a fifth grade classroom where students are learning about the sun's effect on climate and the seasons. Watch students engaging in NGSS practices using models, constructing explanations, and communicating information. Add your thoughts and see what your colleagues are saying.
For more interactive videos on NGSS, click here.
Tch Blog Posts on NGSS
- What NGSS Phenomena Ideas Do You Have? Tell Us!
- Why Singing In Science Makes Sense
- Facing My Fears: Teaching STEM to Kindergartners
- What I Know Now: Anchoring Phenomena in NGSS
- Building Towards NGSS Classrooms
- What Can the EQuIP Rubric Do for You?
- See All Squadster Blog Posts
To support our community, we've curated relevant and high-quality materials from leading science and educational organizations.