Regional Account Manager, North East
About Teaching Channel
Teaching Channel is one of the most recognized and trusted brands among K-12 educators in the United States. One million teachers nationwide use our online library with more then 1,300 broadcast quality, professionally-produced videos. Plus, we have an online digital Professional Development Platform and an in-person professional services team, all focused on helping teachers achieve great results in the classroom.
About the Position
The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving the success of Teaching Channel’s Enterprise Sales to K-12 school districts within their region, by developing new client relationships and expanding existing ones for our subscription-based, online professional development platform and services.
Activities will consist of expanding the sales pipeline by coordinating all sales functions, helping set pricing strategy, monitoring and analyzing sales activity against targets, and driving the growth of company sales. The candidate will report to the COO and work closely with the Senior Director of Engagement Services to drive revenue growth.
- Execute an effective sales strategy driving pipeline development to add new K-12 district accounts in the region.
- Manage and expand existing client relationships with K-12 districts within the region.
- Help develop and manage a world class sales organization capable of achieving quarterly and annual goals.
- Manage the overall sales process and set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management.
- Develop metrics and KPIs to provide performance measurements and drive business insights.
- Provide feedback from the field to the product development team to support customer success and drive growth.
- Work with the management team to develop proposal and pricing policies, including volume discounts and terms and conditions for high-profile customers and partners.
- Administer, manage, and report on revenue forecasting and analyze sales activity against targets.
- Successful enterprise software subscription sales experience in K-12 education is a must.
- An established network of K-12 district professional development decision makers is essential.
- 5+ years of proven growth in revenue generation within K-12, and a track record of increasing responsibility.
- A senior presence with the ability to drive adoption, and credibility with business and K-12 decision makers.
- Proven success in business development initiatives and strategic partnerships/alliances to further promote the success of the sales strategy.
- Marketing abilities with the capability to leverage effective digital marketing programs in support of sales.
- A consultative solution selling approach, with the ability to craft and communicate a complex value proposition as products continue to change and evolve within the organization.
- An intelligent software sales leader with a successful track record of building a high performance sales organization and who brings a “player-coach" approach to developing strong sales leaders.
- Proficiency with standard sales software and CRM solutions, like Salesforce.
- Effectively able to collaborate with a distributed team, in terms of geographic locations and skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required, an advanced degree is a plus.
About the Opportunity
Teaching Channel is an equal opportunity employer headquartered in San Francisco, California, but operating nationwide as a distributed organization. We offer a competitive compensation package based on experience, with a benefits package including health, disability, and 401(k) with company matching funds. To learn more, visit us at www.teachingchannel.org, and to apply for this position send an email with your resume attached as a Word or PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org.