Engagement Manager - Central U.S.
Transforming The World of Education
Teaching Channel, a San Francisco based company, is on a mission to revolutionize the way teachers learn and collaborate. We are led by a team of visionaries and leaders in education, technology, and media. Our industry-leading online learning solution offers teachers and educators a collaborative learning space for transformative professional development. We’ve created a showcase of effective and inspiring videos, featuring exemplar teachers modeling instructional strategies in real classrooms, while leveraging the power of social media so teachers across the nation can easily connect, learn, share, and ultimately empower PreK-12 students with the knowledge and skills they need to excel and thrive.
We are teacher-centric and deeply passionate about supporting constant learning and growth. We believe what we do should be inspiring, rewarding, and serve our community. We value each member of our team and support a healthy work-life balance to ensure we are all inspired and empowered to be, and give, our best every day. We strive for a collaborative, creative, and fun work environment based on honest communication, human kindness, mutual respect, and openness. If this speaks to you, we would love to hear from you.
About This Opportunity
Engagement Managers play a pivotal role in customer success. They serve as a key member of the customer support team guiding deep engagement on Teaching Channel Teams, a flexible online platform that supports distance, blended, and face-to-face learning. Day in and day out, Engagement Managers work directly with educators to adapt the Teaching Channel Teams platform to the unique needs of each district and school to ensure customers meet their professional learning goals. They also play a key role in shaping professional services and product development at Teaching Channel. We are currently seeking an Engagement Manager to serve the central region of the U.S., with homebase either in the Chicago area or Texas.
- Deliver web-based and face-to-face product training for teachers and district leaders
- Work with district and state PD and educator leadership to identify realistic success metrics for scalable growth, and then determine the engagement strategy and launch approaches to reach these goals
- Design key tools and curate content assets that support the customer’s engagement strategies
- Provide guidance and consultation on ways to scale video creation and adoption as an essential professional learning tool
- Coach key leaders and teacher leaders in platform proficiency and how to lead online learning
- Record, build, and share "best practices" in engagement to an always growing library for success across all Teams customers
- Serve as a member of key engagement initiatives: customer newsletter or coaching blogs, product development or mission critical projects within the Education Team
- Assist with the design, development, and coordination of national conferences, social media campaigns, surveys, blended learning experiences, and other content
- Assist in the creation of the professional services offering and growth plan consistent with Teaching Channel’s brand, which celebrates the teaching profession
- Experience working in K12 environments
- Tremendous people skills with a keen ability to listen
- Knowledgeable about the education sector and issues in teacher professional development and adult learning
- Capable of keeping an ear to the ground to ensure the client’s opinions and concerns about engagement are addressed in a timely manner
- Experience designing and leading professional development and/or coaching or online learning
- Interest and ability in creating top notch, brand consistent professional development and coaching sessions (including tools, face-to-face and online experiences)
- Strong communication and presentation skills to facilitate training and adoption of new education technology and new approaches to PD (e.g., building online professional development communities)
- Ability to translate complexity into simplicity
- Highly collaborative yet self-sufficient, since the EM will work from home
- Tech savvy, capable of providing Tch webinar assistance, and interest in working on a technology product
- Strong ability to work across reporting lines to address customer engagement needs (basically, working with Education Teams members, Teams and Labs staff to create high quality engagement tools and services)
- Must be able to travel approximately 25% of the time
- Passionate about Teaching Channel’s mission, and teacher quality and improvement
Teaching Channel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. Teaching Channel provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with a great team and take your career to the next level.
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative, yet autonomous work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision Care Coverage, 125 Cafeteria / Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan.
Please send an email and include your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Include the title of the position you are seeking in the subject line. We will respond to all qualified candidates; no phone calls please.