Field Sales Account Manager (Western Region)
Transforming The World of Education
Teaching Channel is on a mission to revolutionize the way teachers learn and collaborate. We are a non-profit organization led by a team of visionaries and leaders in education, technology, and media. Our industry-leading online learning solution, Teams, offers teachers and educators a collaborative learning space for transformative professional development. We’ve created a showcase of effective and inspiring videos, featuring exemplar teachers modeling practice in real classrooms. We also leverage the power of social media so teachers across the nation can connect, learn, share, and ultimately empower PreK-12 students with the knowledge and skills they need to excel and thrive.
About This Opportunity
The Field Sales Account Manager is responsible for introducing Teams to school districts and initiating their adoption of the product. They are also responsible for achieving sales revenue targets. These responsibilities include the acquisition of new accounts and growing accounts with high-potential customers. The ideal candidate has professional sales experience with technology and services in complex sales. Experience in education is highly preferred. An action-oriented, results-driven professional with a passion for satisfying current and future customers will be successful in this role.
Want to change professional learning? Believe video learning changes the way we learn and how the teaching profession learns together? Help us build regions of districts who are fundamentally rethinking Professional Development powered by Teaching Channel, #anewkindofpd.
- Develop new and manage ongoing customer relationships within the region.
- Achieve sales revenue targets for new and renewal business in the region.
- Get in front of key organizational buyers to introduce the Teaching Channel Teams products.
- Conduct creative and strategic lead generation. Prospect for new business opportunities to achieve sales goals.
- Respond in a timely manner to the flow of inbound leads from targeted marketing activities and events.
- Engage directly with customers by email, phone, and in person to understand their professional development challenges.
- Identify new and expanded revenue opportunities using a consultative selling approach.
- Propose Teaching Channel’s products and services to address defined needs.
- Demonstrate features and capabilities of the Teaching Channel Teams platform for clients and prospects.
- Lead internal teams to deliver technical services exceeding client expectations and expand relationships with targeted clients.
- Stay abreast of industry trends and technology advances.
- Document all activity related to accounts, contacts, leads, and opportunities within the CRM platform.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university preferred.
- 8+ years of proven success as a direct driver of sales and customer engagement.
- Capable of establishing new, and expanding current, customer relationships.
- Creative, resourceful, and enjoys the challenge of solving problems with limited resources.
- Highly collaborative, proactive, and self-sufficient.
- Effective leadership skills.
- Professional, patient, and adept at handling high-pressure situations.
- Knowledgeable about the education sector and key issues in education reform.
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to articulate how the value of the proposed solution meets client objectives, combined with strong closing skills.
- Strong written communication skills, with the ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
- Highly evolved listening skills.
- Complex sales experience (e.g., software-as-a-service, subject-matter specific content, selling to multiple departments within an organization, etc.).
- Able to deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Experience using Salesforce or similar CRM.
- Must be able to travel 30-50% of the time.
About Teaching Channel
Teaching Channel is a thriving online community where teachers can watch, share, and learn diverse techniques to help every student grow. With its best-in-class video library of teacher practice and award-winning website, Tch has emerged as a leading educational resource for its 900,000+ members. Teaching Channel's mission is to help teachers grow to improve outcomes for all students. In support of that mission, we've created Teaching Channel Teams for schools, districts, states, and education organizations that support educators. Teams is a video-based professional learning platform for teachers that supports continuous professional growth when and where teachers need it most. Teams empowers teachers to learn from each other in a collaborative online environment, helping to scale professional learning in a cost-effective way. For more information, visit www.TeachingChannel.org.
Teaching Channel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor. Teaching Channel provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities.
What We Offer
- The opportunity to work with a great team and take your career to the next level.
- A competitive compensation package.
- A highly collaborative, creative, yet autonomous work environment.
- Comprehensive benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision Care Coverage, 125 Cafeteria / Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D), Employee Assistance Program, Supplemental Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan.
Please send an email and include your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include the title of the position you are seeking in the subject line. We will respond to all qualified candidates; no phone calls please.