Question Detail

Hi. what's the word for somebody who is a textile fabric dealer? I looked up the word "murcer", but I'm not sure if it's the right word.

Feb 22, 2014 1:19pm

Here in my country we call textile fabric dealers " bazzaz" which is an Arabic word ,or PARCHEH-FUROUSH, that is a Farsi word.We have a picture in our textbook showing this profession,and I'd like to know if English speakers have and use such a word in their every day life.
Best Regards,

  • Foreign Language


  • You must sign in before we can post your answer.
    Don't have an account? Sign up only takes a few seconds.

    • Feb 24, 2014 1:05pm

      A "mercer" is a British term for someone who deals with textiles and fabrics, although this is an archaic term and really isn't used much any more. Hope that helps!