Question Detail

I was just hired as a new teacher in high school. I will be teaching English as well as Special Education. They keep telling me that I will be co-labbing. I was wondering what that meant and if you had any insight about it.

Jun 5, 2014 7:19pm

  • English Language Arts
  • 9-12
  • Collaboration / Common Core / New Teachers / Special Education


  • You must sign in before we can post your answer.
    Don't have an account? Sign up only takes a few seconds.

    • Jun 7, 2014 12:11pm

      I've never heard of the term "co-labbing" but what I would assume it to mean would be when a content teacher and an ESE teacher share joint control of all aspects of the classroom.

      • Jun 16, 2014 12:54pm


        That's a new term for me as well. I've heard of co-teaching, but not co-labbing. It sounds like an awesome opportunity though, to teach content in such an inclusive environment with your background in special education. Lucky students!