Award Great Answers!
- Use the award icon to show that you like an answer.
Planning curriculum as a new teacher?
I was recently hired as a second grade teacher, and am anxious on where to start with planning curriculum. The first week I have planned pretty well, but I'm wondering how I can best manage planning my lessons throughout the school year without burning out. I am also at a charter school with no set curriculum, so I will be planning every lesson. My questions are...
1) How far in advance should I plan my lessons to fit the needs of my students?
2) How many weeks should I have prepared by the start of school?
3) How do I balance my personal life with the amount of planning that needs to get done this year?
I know these are remedial questions, but I want to have a great start to the year! Thank you for your help!
- English Language Arts / Math / Science / Social Studies